Kratom is popular among natives of Thailand and Malaysia for its energy and mood-boosting properties. It is also known to enhance the feeling of relaxation.
Today, people around the world consume it by brewing it to make Kratom tea.
What Are the Effects of Taking Kratom tea?
If you plan to drink this kind of tea, you must know its possible effects. These include the following:
- A stimulating experience that awakens your senses and invigorates your body and mind
- Slightly reduced pain-relieving impact
- Increased euphoric and mood-boosting implications
- No infamous wobbles
- Recover from opium addiction
- Increased relaxation
- Increased sociability, concentration, and libido
Therefore, this tea may not be suitable for you if you are looking for optimal pain relief or sedation. However, you can take it if you need a mood booster or need help in boosting your energy.
Some users take the tea and powder together to achieve sedating and pain-killing effects, as well as fast acting mood boosts.
Advantages of Drinking Tea From Kratom Leaves
- Fights constipation, bloating, and abdominal cramps caused by indigestion.
- Relaxing ritual of preparing the tea makes you calm even before the Kratom takes effect.
- Provides soothing comfort to pains and aches like menstrual cramps, body discomforts, headaches, and flu.
- Improves complexion because Kratom increases blood flow, promotes circulation, and balances the body’s pH level.
- Releases endorphins that cause the feeling of relaxation and happiness, and reduction of anxiety and depression.
Disadvantages of Drinking This Kind of tea
- Can take 15 minutes to more than one hour to prepare.
- Bitter taste if you do not add sweeteners.
Dosage for Kratom
If you are new to Kratom, you can use up to 10 grams of dried leaves for each use. However, if you are using the powder or resin form, you need to lower the dose to a maximum of 5 grams.
Limit your use for up to two times a month if you do not want to form a habit of taking it. You can increase the dosage over time.
Here are the effects of taking Kratom tea in various dosages:
- 1 gram – extremely mild effect.
- 2-3 grams – slight to moderate impact.
- 5 grams – standard dosage for regular users, a moderate effect.
- 10 grams or more – very intense result and not for beginners.
It is advisable to start with 1 gram, and then increase it over time until you achieve the desired results. For best results, you can increase the dosage by at most 1 gram only.
Do take note, however, that you must observe what the tea does to your body.
How to Prepare the Tea
While some users directly consume Kratom in its powder form, another way to ingest it is through turning into tea. Depending on your taste, you can add lime, lemon, stevia, or honey.
Some users claim that adding lime or lemon aids in better absorption of the Kratom powder, and also results in an extended and stronger experience.
What you need:
- Kratom leaves (crushed or powdered)
- Digital measuring scale
- French press
- Sweetener or lemon juice (optional)
- Using the digital scale, you need to measure your desired dosage of Kratom leaves.
- Using the French press, add your Kratom powder, a cup of hot water, and 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Let it steep for at least 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Some Kratom tea drinkers opt to do an additional step to extract more alkaloids. After steeping, they add 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and ½ cup of water. They steep the tea again in the French press for at most 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Users report that they experience no side effects even when mixing the tea with other herbs. Tea from red poppy flowers has a milder narcotic impact while tea from blue lotus causes sedation and euphoria.
You can mix it with alcohol, but in small quantities only. In general, you cannot mix large amounts of alcohol with Kratom. Some users smoke cannabis or tobacco after taking Kratom, and they like the effect it has on them.
Making a tea out of Kratom leaves is advisable. However, you cannot use Kratom extract in making tea because the hot water will break down the alkaloids. You will not generate additional benefits, and you will just waste your hard-earned money.
Which is Better: Crushed or Powdered Leaf?
You can use either crushed or powdered leaves. However, most tea drinkers prefer crushed leaves because they find it easy to strain.
Regarding effects, you can expect to generate the same results in both kinds of Kratom leaves. So, whatever you prefer, you can still enjoy the numerous benefits of Kratom tea.