Have you met coffee’s equally cool cousin, Kratom? If you’ve heard of this leaf, which is turned into herbal medicine for a variety of ailments, but aren’t too familiar with it yet, then this is your newbie intro to Kratom 101.
Plus, a few tips to helping you in your search on “Kratom stores near me.”
First of All, What Do You Mean It’s Coffee’s Cousin?
Kratom trees are plants that grow in the same family as coffee beans. They grow in various lush forests in Southeast Asia like Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, and Thailand. Kratom leaves are dried and turned into powder, then diluted in water for consumption.
What makes Kratom similar to its caffeinated kin is its ability to be a stimulant. Among the effects of Kratom intake is an alert state of mind and increased focus, similar to the effects coffee has.
However, the benefits of Kratom are not limited to increased stimulation. As there are a variety of coffee beans, there are also different types of Kratom strains available. Each strain has its respective attributes and effects.
What Are These Kratom Strains and How Do They Differ?
These different Kratom strains can be categorized into three major categories: sedating, moderate, and stimulating.
However, they can also be classified under their different colors: green, red and white. To be clear, these are the colors of the veins and stems of the Kratom leaves, but once Kratom is processed, it becomes green regardless of the color of its vein and stem.
1.White veins – These are usually the most stimulating among the Kratom strains. Similar to the effect of drinking a good cup of coffee, the white vein Kratom can produce mood-lifting benefits, such as:
- Cheerfulness – A happier outlook that allows you to go through the day with a lighter mood.
- Concentration – Increased focus on work to help you avoid procrastination.
- Alertness – A sharper, more precise awareness attention to detail.
- Stamina – A more energetic feeling to help you get through the day.
- Motivation – A sense of urgency and increased drive to work harder and better.
2. Red veins – This is the type of Kratom strain you should consider if you’re trying out Kratom for the first time. The red vein Kratom is ideal for nighttime use as its effects include a sense of peace and calm.
Among its other effects include:
- Pain relief – An analgesic effect helps take the place of painkiller medications.
- Feeling of optimism – A more positive yet calmer state of mind.
- Muscle relief – A soothing cure to muscle aches and pains.
- Cure for insomnia – A sedative effect that helps promote a good night’s sleep.
3. Green veins – If you want an ideal balance of both the red and white veins, the green vein Kratom strain provides the best of the two types. It is moderate enough to be taken regularly, with the right harmony of stimulation and relaxation.
Here are other benefits from the green vein Kratom strain:
- A cheerful disposition – A happier state of being without being too energetic.
- Sharpened focus and alertness – A more attentive mental state that is calm and relaxed.
- Pain relief – Ease from various physical discomforts and aches.
- Temporary cure for anxiety and depression – A lifted mood that helps you deal with social situations better.
How Much Kratom Should I Take and How Frequent Should I Take It?
The recommended dosage for first-time users of Kratom is about 1.0 to 2.0 grams. It would be best to observe the effects of Kratom before deciding to increase your intake.
If you feel you can tolerate a higher dosage, you can opt to take 2.4 to 5.0 grams for a moderate effect.
If you have been taking Kratom regularly and your system has adapted to it, you can opt to increase your dosage to a maximum of 4.5 to 8.0 grams at most.
Make sure you are aware of how much Kratom your body can tolerate and whether you are happy with its effects.
I’m Sold. Now, How Do I Get My Hands on Kratom?
You can probably find a nearby health store by Googling “Kratom stores near me” and finding a seller close by. However, remember that purchasing the first item you see won’t always guarantee the quality of the product.
Make sure you buy Kratom from reliable sources to avoid getting low-quality or even dangerous products.
Once you find the right Kratom product for you, you’ll surely be a fan of its many benefits!